The Rules of the Road:
• Our goal is to become more proficient as writers, while expanding our own personal
approaches to self-expression.
• Group size is limited to eight people.
• We meet at 10:00 AM, on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.
• Topics are selected from a master list. If you find one problematic, be creative.
• The time allotted each participant for reading and critique is ~15 minutes.
• To participate, write a piece specifically for the Echo3 meeting. You'll read it aloud.
• Avoid a preamble or excuse before reading your piece. If it's important, write it into the
• Differing opinions are fine, debate is not. Political writing leads to rebuttal: please avoid.
• We care about our members, their lives and feelings, but this is not a self-help or therapy
group. It's for writing, reading, and responding.